The Village of Angelica was incorporated in
1835. The population was 869 at the 2010 census.
The village and the town are named after Angelica Church, a daughter of
General Philip Schuyler and wife of John Barker Church.
The county fairgrounds are located
in the village. Park Circle, in the village center, includes a roque
court. Dubbed the "Town where History Lives" Angelica is home to a
number of antique shops which attract shoppers from throughout the
state. Angelica youth predominantly attend Genesee Valley Central High
School which is located in nearby Belmont, NY. GVCS was formed by a
merger between the Angelica and Belmont school districts in 1996.
Many of the one hundred year old
buildings in the historical district are on the New York or federal
register. Angelica was once the county seat of Allegany County and is
one of the oldest communities in the county.
A thriving theater group, the
Angelica Players, has developed in Angelica over the past three years.
They typically produce plays in the spring and during the Christmas
CLASSIFIED AD - FULL-TIME LABORER